Tooth loss can negatively impact your ability to speak, chew, or smile. Partial dentures can restore oral function by replacing lost teeth while fitting comfortably among remaining healthy teeth.
Dr. Paul Archacki, an esteemed diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics, offers partial dentures at his Boynton Beach, FL, clinic. Once your custom partial dentures have been placed, you can enjoy the benefits of a beautiful, healthy, and comfortable smile.
Benefits of Partial Dentures
Partial dentures restore oral function by replacing missing teeth. The custom prosthetics provide many benefits, including:
- More efficient chewing: Proper chewing is a crucial step in the digestive process. Partial dentures restore bite balance and reduce wear on your natural teeth while helping you to properly chew your food.
- Reduced risk of shifting teeth: Gaps between teeth are more than unsightly. Those spaces can eventually lead to the shifting of nearby teeth.
- Improved speech: Teeth serve an important role in speech. You may be surprised to find that partial dentures improve the clarity of your speech.
- High self-esteem: A confident smile is a primary sign of inner confidence. Both at work and in personal relationships, you may find yourself experiencing greater confidence once your partial dentures are placed.
- Convenient cleaning: Removable partial dentures are easy to clean.
Both at work and in personal relationships, you may find yourself experiencing greater confidence once your partial dentures are placed.
Am I a Good Candidate for Partial Dentures?
Most individuals who are missing many teeth on one or both arches are candidates for partial dentures. If you are missing an entire row of teeth, you may need a better candidate for traditional or implant-supported dentures. If you are seeking an implant-supported solution, such as an implant-supported bridge or implant-supported crowns, you will need to have adequate jawbone density to support the implant post, among other important candidacy criteria. During an in-depth consultation, we can determine if you are a candidate for dental implants.
How Are Partial Dentures Placed?
Dr. Archacki will first take precise measurements of your mouth. Those measurements will be used to fabricate your partial dentures. The wait time for these devices is two to four weeks. Removable dentures use small metal clasps to hold them in place. Once your partial denture is placed, Dr. Archacki will carefully measure your bite to ensure a proper fit. If any fine adjustments are needed, they can be made at this time.
Caring for Your Denture
Once you have received your denture, we will provide specific instructions to help you maintain it for years to come. You will need to remove your denture and soak it in water or a cleaning solution while you sleep. It will also remain crucial to brush and floss each day, in addition to brushing your denture. During six-month checkups, we can assess the condition of your denture and help you maintain a healthy, functional smile.
Contact Our Office Today
If you would like to learn more about how partial dentures from Dr. Archacki can benefit you, contact our Boynton Beach office online or call (561) 736-1177. We look forward to finding the right solution for your needs.
“Smiles are our Business!” Dr. Archacki